Tuesday, July 15, 2014

There's green things in my breakfast...

There is nothing quite a little veggie in your morning sweet bread.  Zucchini Bread is one of those awesome summer treats that you forget about all winter and once you get a rip zucchini – you have to try it out!  The weird thing to me is there seems to be no discernible bits of the veg in the actual bread.  It just makes for a really moist cinnamon bread.  My mom got me a big ol’ zucchini from the farmers market.  Soon – very soon – some of the zucchini blossoms in our garden will start producing zucchini of our own – then we’ll have bread coming out our ears!  I can’t wait!  Perhaps we’ll have to try eating it as a savory dish, but right now – I’ll keep going for the sweet.
Zucchini Bread
3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup oil
1 tsp Salt
3 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
2 cups grated zucchini
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour

Beat eggs till fluffy. Add sugar, Beat well. Stir in oil, vanilla, and zucchini. Then add dry ingredients. Turn into greased 9 x 13 pan or 2 loaf pans. Bake 325 for 50 - 60 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10