Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Field Editor : Sounds Fancy (too bad my picture is crappy)

Field Editor for Taste of Home- it sounds fancy doesn't it?  Not really but that is how Taste of Home Magazine knows me.  What does that mean?  I send them recipes - they send me the magazine - not a bad deal right?
One of the recipes I've submitted is for Chicken Pot Pie.  I have my usual recipe - but this one was more a throw together kind of dinner.  I usually make a double recipe so I can throw half of the filling in the freezer to make an easy meal for another night.  Please note - the final "beauty" picture on this recipe?  REALLY not my finest work… ugh.  Some days there is just no way to make you meal look as tasty as it is… it just looks like slop on plate.
If you want to give me a review or a few stars - head on over to my recipe at Taste of Home - I'd love some feedback - if you are willing.
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/community/easy-chicken-pot-pie-29

Easy Chicken Pot Pie 
Ingredients
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
1 small onion diced
2 medium size potatoes, boiled and diced
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp season salt
3 cups diced/cooked chicken
1 cup cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1 premade pie crust
1 egg

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a skillet, cook carrots, celery and onion in vegetable oil until just soft. In a large mixing bowl, add veggies, boiled and diced potatoes, soup, milk, seasonings, cheese and chicken. Pour into greased pie plate. Top with premade pie crust and cut several slits in top of pie. Whisk egg and brush on top of crust. Bake for 30 minutes – until filling is bubbly and crust is golden brown. Yield: serves 6

Note: Double the filling to make extra filling for the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10