Friday, July 10, 2015

A window into my kitchen

Recently I had someone tell me, wow you actually make things you see on Pinterest?  Is that weird?  I pin recipes - I try them, I pin crafts - I make them, I pin fonts - I download far too many of them, and so on.  Pinterest?  Love it.
We had this wall in our kitchen, it needed something.  I wasn't quite sure what it needed, but something.  I tried a tall frame, wow it was lost in the abyss of that wall.  While I was at our local consignment shop, I saw they had old windows.  Oh!  They are big enough to fill a void on that wall!  But what could I do with that old window?  Pinterest to the rescue.  I searched old window and up popped hundreds of ideas.  As soon as I saw one with canning jars, I was sold.  I went and bought the window and explained my idea to my dad.  Always one for a challenge and also to make a better product - he created an amazing shelf on this window out of old barn board.  He also made two inserts for the bottom windows with closers so I could put things in there.  I antiqued the frame a bit more with a sander and some stain.  He made a hanger for it and there it is... our beautiful window.  One of the inserts I covered with chalkboard vinyl and the other is fabric.  I plan to change out the chalkboard side with seasonal printable chalkboard images from where?  Pinterest.  The other side I will continue to add fun pictures of our family.
On the shelf is a fun basket with bottles from Michaels and also some old ball jars.  Don't tell my mom - she's getting one of the darker bottles for her birthday.  She also is a jar junkie.
Now, on to my next Pinterest project - a new wreath for the front door.  What?  don't you have a to do list that has fun projects on it?

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10