Tuesday, February 2, 2016

A bit of this and that makes sunken delicious cupcakes.

So you want to make cupcakes.  Simple chocolate cupcakes from a box.  Sure - that's easy.  I was curious if there was a better way to make cupcakes from a box mix.  Found a recipe that used a box mix and items I assumed I had on hand - easy peasy!
Start pouring things in the mixer, hrm... I could use just a cup of skim milk, but why not use the rest of the heavy whipping cream I have - don't want it to go to waste.  Topped off the whipping cream with skim milk, that makes 2% - right?  Maybe 3 1/2%...
1 cup of sour cream.  Of course I do.... don't have a cup of sour cream.  Dang it.  Well I'm committed now, the milk and oil are already sloshing around... instead half a cup of sour cream and have a cup of.... oh!  A half a brick of cream cheese, let's clean that up!  Plop!  In it goes!  Don't worry, I had 4 eggs.  The batter?  Tasted amazing.
The cupcakes baked up nicely, although when they came out they sunk a little, perfect to add a nice swirl of frosting on top.  Want to hear about the frosting?  Sorry - you'll have to wait.
These cupcakes?  I'd make them again - just as I did... and maybe even the right way.  Who knows - maybe they'd be even better!

Chocolate Cupcakes 
1 box Devil’s Food cake mix
1 box chocolate fudge instant pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup cream cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Using a stand mixer, combine all ingredients. Beat for about two minutes. Place slightly less than a 1/4 of a cup of batter into each cupcake liner. Bake for 18-20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10